About Me

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The "Bar J/Rocking-K/Flying-W/Lazy-Y" Ranch :)



A family decided to leave the crowded city and head for the wide open spaces. They bought a ranch out West, where they intended to raise cattle. A month later some friends visited the ranch and asked if they had picked out a name for the place. "Well," said the rancher, "I wanted to name it the Bar-J and my wife wanted to call it the Rocking-K, but one of my sons liked Flying-W and the other preferred the Lazy-Y. So in the end we compromised and called the place the Bar-J/Rocking-K/Flying-W/Lazy-Y." "Wow!" said the visitor impressed, "But where are all your cattle?" "Well," the rancher replied sadly, "None of them survived the branding."

3 comments:

A Joyful Heart said...

That is so funny! Poor cows... :)

Ruth Ann said...

that is funny!!

I just wanted to tell you that I like the color changes to your blog!! The maroon font color is really pretty. Also I really like your profile pic!!

Talk to you soon!!

Love,
Ruth Ann :)

Under Southern Skies said...

How funny!