About Me

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thankfulness

Being this close to Thanksgiving I thought I would post some verses on thankfulness. :) I went through the concordance and found that there were literally hundreds of verses mentioning thankfulness, thanksgiving, thanks etc. Here are just a few:


In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Th. 5:18


Offer unto God
thanksgiving; and pay thy vows undo the most High: And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me. Psalm 50:14-15

Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto Him with psalms. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods. Psalm 95:2-3

Know ye that the LORD He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves: we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture. Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise: be thankful unto Him, and bless His name. Psalm 100:3-4

I will offer to Thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD. Psalm 116:17

Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God. Psalm 147:7

At midnight I will rise to give thanks unto Thee because of Thy righteous judgments. Psalm 119:62

Therefore will I give thanks unto Thee , O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto They name. Psalm 18:49

Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon His name, make know His deeds among the people. 1 Ch.16:8

O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good; for His mercy endureth for ever. 1 Ch 16:34

Noah Webster's 1828 definition of “thankfulness” :

Thankfulness, n. Expression of gratitude; acknowledgment of favor. 2. Gratitude; a lively sense of good received.”

1 comment:

Sara N. Smith said...

I like that: "a lively sense of good received"!
Praise God for His innumerable blessings!