About Me

Monday, February 25, 2008

~Latest painting project~ Finished!!

Well, I'm finally finished painting! It took a bit of perseverance because of the detail-I thought I would never get done! It was fun though. :) I really enjoy working with oil paint. The book I was painting from did get overdue by around four day's but I found out our library does not charge overdue fines on books, which is nice. :) It took me 18 days to finish, I'm happy to finally have it done. :)

~Finished~ :)

With the original photo.
__________________________________

Praise ye the LORD. O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. Psalm 106:1

10 comments:

Maria Pauline said...

Beautiful!

In my library system we can renew books for up to nine weeks and request books from over a dozen libraries. Even then I'm not always done with them. ;D

Maria

Anonymous said...

That is an amazing painting! youd did such a great job! I wish i could paint. :)

Sarah said...

Absolutely beautiful, Emily! It is difficult to tell which one is the painting and which is the book! :) Great job!

Sarah

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely amazing, beautiful, and very exquisite! Great job!!

Lydia said...

Wow, Emily, you have much more patience than I do. Beautiful work!

LEMONS TO LEMONADE said...

The painting is beautiful! :)

Tori Leslie said...

Oh wow, that looks almost exactly the same, really hard to know which is which.
Your so talented!!

Ruth Ann said...

Emily - you did a great job! I haven't checked in for a few days, and was surprised that this has already been on for over a week. :-) But that is really amazing. I love the bird, and you made it look so life like & real, not to mention how much it looks like the original! I admire that talent. Are you planning on framing it for something/somebody?? :)

Ttyl...
Love,
Ruth Ann

Anonymous said...

Bravo!!! It is very lovely. I'm not surprised, though. You come from a very artistic family. Say "hi" to Mom for me.

A Heart of Praise said...

Thanks to everyone for the comments!

Ruth Ann,
Yes, my mom claimed the picture before I was even done. :) I'm not sure if it will get framed or not.

Mrs. Wilwerding,
Thank you for your comment! I will tell my mom you said hi. :)