Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Thursday, January 5, 2017
Sunday, January 1, 2017
Monday, December 26, 2016
- While flipping through our hymn book today I came to this song. It had been awhile since I last sang or played it, and it was good to come across it again."For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
- When I survey the wondrous cross
- On which the Prince of glory died,My richest gain I count but loss,And pour contempt on all my pride.
- Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,Save in the death of Christ my God!All the vain things that charm me most,I sacrifice them to His blood.
- See from His head, His hands, His feet,Sorrow and love flow mingled down!Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
- Were the whole realm of nature mine,That were a present far too small;Love so amazing, so divine,Demands my soul, my life, my all.
Tuesday, December 6, 2016
Sunday, December 4, 2016
Thursday, November 10, 2016
Friday, October 14, 2016
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
He flatters himself, perhaps, that all is right with his soul, because he has feelings, convictions, and desires, of a spiritual kind. In these he rests. He never really breaks off from sin, and casts aside the spirit of the world. He never really lays hold of Christ. He never really takes up the cross. He is a hearer of truth, but nothing more. ~ J.C. Ryle
“But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” James 1:22