About Me

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Mustard, Garlic Fish

This yummy fish dish turned out very flavourful, I loved the garlic, mustard combination. For my fish I used yelloweye rockfish fillets which is what I had in my freezer, I think this would tastes great on other fish like salmon as well. I did prepare it a day in advance and it sat in the fridge overnight before I baked it, which is not what the original recipe called for, but it seemed to help the flavours intensify.  I made this for lunch served with hot buttered noodles. :) 


Mustard, garlic fish topping 

1/4 c. olive oil
2 Tbsp parsley
3 or 4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground black pepper

2 Tbsp lemon juice
1.5 lbs fish fillets 

Combine first seven ingredients in a bowl. Cover a large baking sheet with foil and lay the fish fillets on the foil.  Spoon the olive oil mixture over the fish. Bake at 400 for 20 min, or until done. Enjoy! 

3 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

This sounds and looks so good! Too bad we don't have any fish in the freezer, or we could maybe give this a try tonight for supper. :)

Sister in the Mid-west said...

This does sound good! And, I think preparing it ahead of time, as you did, would make it tastier.
I may try this next time we have some fish on hand. Did you use fresh parsley or dried?

A Heart of Praise said...

Sister in the Midwest, I used dried parsley because that's all I had on hand at the time, the original recipe called for fresh.