About Me

Thursday, January 2, 2014

DIY: Make Your Own Wooden Sign!

I finished making a wooden sign a few weeks back and thought I'd share how to do it! It turned out a lot easier then I was thought it would be, plus it was fun! :)
 
Start off with a board. I found mine out in a pile of old boards here on our farm. :) Because I wanted it to look "country/farm" like, I didn't bother to fill in the nail holes or try to fix the cracks.

Paint the board with the color of your choice; or of course you could leave it as is and proceed from there. 

Print out the word(s) you want to use and tape the paper to your boad so it doesn't move. 

With a pen, trace around each letter. You need to make an indent in the wood below so press firmly. 

It was hard to get a good picture with my iPad, but this is what it should look like after you are done tracing the letters and remove the paper. 

Alright! Now trace around the indents with a pencil; and you go! You can now paint the letters. I've also seen some people use a permanat marker to fill in the letters, but since I wanted to pick my color, I chose to paint mine. 

Finished! I attached two hooks to the back and hung it on two nails so it was more secure ( nothing like being knocked out with a wooden board falling on your head in the middle of the night). I am happy to have finally finished this project and got it hung on the wall!  It is something I've been wanting to do for awhile. Now I need to start on my other ideas and projects to fill up the wall space and tie it all together! 

No comments: