About Me

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

First Trim Healthy Mama Meal

After reading through parts (It's a big book and I still haven't gotten through the whole thing.) of the book: Trim Healthy Mama, and also reading glowing reports of success on various blogs and websites, I decited give the THM way of eating a try.


Wanting to keep it simple as possible until I get the hang of it, I thought I'd stick mainly to the "Satisfiying" or "S" meals, with just a few "Energizing"  meals mixed in.  The above picture is the first (S) THM supper I made.  Please excuse the plain serving dishes, and the messy looking chicken, I'm a busy mama, and don't have time to make it fancy. :) The chicken tasted a lot better than it looks here.  Okay, the menu was:

Melt in your mouth Chicken
Green beans with butter
Stuffed Eggs
Mashed Cauliflower with Cheese and bacon bits

Note: These recipes can easily be found by googling. 


Here is a closer look at the mashed cauliflower. I added cheese chucks, real bacon bits, and onion flakes to the top. My comments on this recipe is that it looks better than it tasted, :) I actually did like it okay, but next time I would be careful not to blend it as much since I thought it was to " smooth" Others in the household would just as well do without it at all ;). 

Overall I felt that the meal really was satisfying and filling.  I had leftovers for a easy S lunch the next day as well. I will try and post more meals as I continue eating the THM way. :)

1 comment:

Stepheny said...

I agree about the cauliflower... Can't mix it too smooth. :) looks delicious though! :) hope all is well with you all!
Much love, Stepheny