About Me

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Oh! To Be Like Thee

....To be conformed to the image of His Son. Rom 8:29

OH! TO BE LIKE THEE

Oh! to be like Thee, blessed Redeemer,
This is my constant longing and prayer;
Gladly I’ll forfeit all of earth’s treasures,Jesus,
Thy perfect likeness to wear.

Refrain:
Oh! to be like Thee, oh! to be like Thee,
Blessed Redeemer, pure as Thou art;
Come in Thy sweetness, come in Thy fullness;
Stamp Thine own image deep on my heart.

Oh! to be like Thee, full of compassion,
Loving, forgiving, tender and kind,
Helping the helpless, cheering the fainting,
Seeking the wand’ring sinner to find.

Oh! to be like Thee, lowly in spirit,
Holy and harmless, patient and brave;
Meekly enduring cruel reproaches,
Willing to suffer, others to save.

Oh! to be like Thee, Lord, I am coming,
Now to receive th’ anointing divine;
All that I am and have I am bringing,Lord,
from this moment all shall be Thine.

Oh! to be like Thee, while I am pleading,
Pour out Thy Spirit, fill with Thy love,
Make me a temple meet for Thy dwelling,
Fit me for life and Heaven above.

-Thomas O. Chisholm

We sang this beautiful hymn a few Sunday's ago, and I thought I would share it. :) By the way, does anyone have a favorite Song/Hymn Book that you use? My favorite is probably Hymns of Faith published by Tabernacle Publishing Company. :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this hymn, Emily! That is truly the longing of my heart to be like my Savior! Thank you for sharing. :)

The hymnal that we were introduced to several years ago, and the one that we are using now is Majesty Hymns. I will have to take a look at the hymnal that you mentioned!

Ruth Ann said...

the hymnal we use at our church for the most part (we have 2 we use) is Favorite Hymns of Praise. You can normally find it on ebay. We really like a lot of the hymns in there, and every so often someone finds a new one in it for us to learn. :) I love the hymn that you posted! :)

Anonymous said...

That IS a beautiful hymn.Oh that we all might be more like Him!
Thanks for posting it!

Stepheny said...

Emily-

This is a great hymn!

I like to play out of Majesty Hymns, but our church uses, Soul Stirring Songs and Hymns. :)

My favorite hymn is "How Great Thou Art" and "O, for A Thousand Toungs".

Steph

A Heart of Praise said...

Thank you all for your comments! I apprectate you taking the time to tell me what your favorite hymnals are! :)

Anonymous said...

The church we used to attend used grey hymnals (I have no idea what the name of it is [grin]), but the church we attend now doesn't use hymnals. We sing some hymns, but we use a projector for the words.

I love this hymn! I was humming it to myselft the other day. :)