About Me

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Don't Leave Home Without It

The story is told of a young man who was preparing for a long trip. He told his friend, "I am just about packed. I only have to put in a guide book, mirror, a microscope, a lamp, a telescope, a volume of fine poetry, some letters, a few biographies, a book of songs, a sword, a hammer and a set of books I have been studying." "But you can’t get all that into your bag." said his friend. "Oh, yes I can," he replied. "It doesn’t take much room." With that, he placed his Bible in the corner of his suit case and closed the lid.

4 comments:

Hicks Family said...

Hi Emily, thanks for your comment on our blog.
It is so encouraging to "meet" (Could I say) girls who are living their all for the Lord.
I will defidently be coming back to your blog!
Keep serving Him!

In Christ,
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

That was good! How true - the Word of God is all we need!

Jerusha said...

What a beautiful illustration of all God's Word is!

Anonymous said...

I like it. So true. :D I rarely leave without mine, though I should fine a small one that is more practical for traveling lightly.