About Me

Friday, April 27, 2018

Happy Spring Day

Today, one of the children brought me the first little dandelion of the season. I love these bright cheery yellow flowers. :) We still have a few unmelted snow piles in the yard, but the temperatures have been in the upper 60’s and the warm sunshine feels good.  I pulled out our humming bird feeder and filled it with fresh sugar water. It’s now hung outside all ready for when the tiny birds pass though.  Also today, we heard the first robin, it was perched high up in the still bare tree branches, chirping happily.  I am thrilled that spring is here for real in Saskatchewan! :) 

4 comments:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

I am so happy for you! You always have long winters in Canada, but this year it has been super long. I know that seeing the first Robins and dandelions heralding spring is very exciting! I love dandelions, too! I don't know why most people consider them to be a nuisance. They are so bright and cheerful. :)

Sunshine Country said...

Glad you're finally getting spring weather up there! I forgot again about getting out our hummingbird feeders; I'll have to try to do that soon. There's probably some hummingbirds in our area already since we've had flowers around for awhile now. Our lawn has lots of dandelions and looks like it needs mowed already. :)

A Heart of Praise said...

Thanks for stopping by to comment Sister in the Mid-west! I know what you mean! Dandelions are bright and cheerful! I love looking out and seeing splashes of yellow in the lawn while they bloom in the spring. And then, it’s fun blowing the seeds off the stems with the children, after they are done flowering. :)

A Heart of Praise said...

You should put your hummingbird feeder out for sure, :) I bet you wouldn’t have to wait long to see some! I still haven’t spotted any, but I’m keeping my eyes open.

Wow, that’s something that your yard needs mowed already. The grass has barely started to change to green here.