About Me

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pancakes

Pancakes for breakfast or even supper are always are welcome. This is a favorite recipe at my house. They taste wonderful and are very simple to make. :) We make our own syrup to go with them using honey, butter, corn syrup and vanilla. :)

Pancakes


My Mama's Favorite Pancakes

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons melted butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk

Sift dry ingredients into a mixing bowl. Beat eggs with milk. Combine with flour mixture. Add melted butter. Cook in greased skillet. Makes 6 Pancakes. Enjoy! :)

6 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

yummy!! I like pancakes, and breakfast for dinner is so special!! you're making me hungry. :=) and you make your own syrup? Maybe we need that recipe too...it sounds interesting!

Sarah said...

Mmm . . . those pancakes look good!

Would you mind sharing your syrup recipe sometime?

LEMONS TO LEMONADE said...

I do like your pancakes and the syrup! We tried your syrup for our pancakes, but did not add the corn syrup. It taested the same; it was just more like maple syrup (in thickness). I think I will make some tonight!(:

A Heart of Praise said...

Hello Sarah,
We don't usually measure the ingredients when we make the syrup but I'll try and do it next time so that I can post it. :)

LEMONS TO LEMONADE said...

We made your pancakes and syrup,they were very good! The kids were very happy. I did add some blueberries to some of the pancakes.I just dropped a few blueberries on top of the pancakes, I had just poured on the pan. Thanks

Sarah said...

If it is too much trouble, Emily, to get the recipe, don't worry about it! I am sure that we could experiment with the ingredients to try to get the right proportions. :) Though if you did happen to share the recipe sometime, I'm sure we would use it! :)