Online, I found a bench I thought looked nice to use as an idea. For most of the measurements I checked our porch swing to see how high to make the seat, armrests etc..
Trying to figure out a plan of action! I wanted a reclined backrest to make it more comfortable to sit on. It did require several angled cuts, and a couple rounded cuts for the armrests, though not perfect, I managed with the handsaw. :)
Pile of potential :)
Still trying to figure it out at this point.
The sides were mostly done here and I was trying to decide out how long it should be.
After I had all the boards cut and partly assembled, it was time to apply wood stain. Many thanks to my Mother-in-law for picking up the stain and brushes for me at the store!
This was the slightly apprehensive stage, seeing if it was actually going to work.
Ta da! :D in the end all the pieces fit together pretty good and it turned out mostly to my satisfaction. :)
I moved it over by the raised gardens and flower bed where there was a good spot for it. The children and I have already used it quite a bit. It was a fun project to make! :)