About Me

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Chocolatey Brownies, Low Carb, THM S

I happen to love brownies, and so, I wanted to find a good, chocolatey, moist, low carb, recipe for them (if that was possible).  Of all the recipes I've tried, this one has satisfied my chocolate craving the best. :) They turned out really good for being diet brownies. Just don't overbake them.  I enjoyed the added touch of the chocolate chips on top. I also added a few sprinkles of chopped walnuts to mine. 

Yum! 


The recipe I used:

1/2 cup melted coconut oil 
1/2 cup warm water
2 room temperature eggs
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup gentle sweet 
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/3 c cocoa powder
1/2 tsp  salt
1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 cup coconut flour

1/3 cup low carb stevia sweetened chocolate chips


Whisk together all the wet ingredients. Make sure your eggs are room temperature, you can get them warmed up quickly if you put them in a cup of hot water for a few minutes.  Add in the dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into a greased 8x8 inch pan, sprinkle on the chocolate chips (and a handful of walnuts if desired) and bake at 350 for around 20 mins, or until done. 

Enjoy! 

2 comments:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Sounds good! At first I thought that was a can of black beans sitting on your counter. :) I have seen a THM brownie recipe that called for black beans. I have wanted to try that recipe, but haven't yet. ;)

A Heart of Praise said...

I've tried the brownie recipe using black beans a few years back. :). It was ok, but not my favourite. I maybe should try it again though as before I was using pure stevia, and it was hard for me to get around the aftertaste. It was only after I started using gentle sweet that I really started likening all the THM baked good recipes.