About Me

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

What I've Been Eating/THM Meal Ideas

I thought I'd do a quick post on a few of the meals I've been eating on the Trim Healthy Mama plan.  I might not always post the recipes, but I hope the pictures and my description might give you all some inspiration if you are looking for an on plan meal idea. :) 

I had this super flavorful S soup for my supper a few nights back.  I had some leftover chicken and broth and thought I'd try making something with it. I added broccoli, nutritional yeast, pepper, onion and garlic powder, cream, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and basil to the broth along with the chicken.  I didn't use a recipe so I'm sorry I can't share it here, but if you are looking for a similar soup this one looks good. 

I got this idea for my lunch from the THM cookbook.  One package single serve "Not Naughty Noodles" with butter, mozzarella cheese and smoked paprika, two boiled eggs with a side of turkey bacon. 

I made this porridge and actually enjoyed it. As with most THM recipes that use odd ingredients I had to tweak this one to my taste. I added butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and walnuts to mine. I think pumpkin pie spice would also be good. 

I didn't have much time on this evening, but I was really hungry, so I cooked up two hamburgers and had a double cheese burger, with lettuce mustard, and  pickles using a Joseph's pita for my bun. You could also use two cut to size low carb tortillas for the bun. 

These are just a few of the things I've been eating on the THM plan, I'll try and post more as I get the time. :) 


1 comment:

Sunshine Country said...

The soup looks delicious! I should make some kind of soup for supper sometime soon.