About Me

Monday, May 16, 2016

Trim Healthy Mama THM Baking Blend

After buying the THM cookbook I found that some of the recipes called for their special THM baking blend.  After looking at the price tag of their brand, I thought I'd try making my own.  I found a recipe on this site:  http://www.meanderingwithmeg.com/trim-healthy-mama-homemade-baking-blend-recipe-fp/ and mixed it up. :) 

The ingredients.

Ready to mix. 

Ready to use! 

Here is the recipe: 

1 cup oat fiber
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/3 cup golden flax meal
3 tablespoons almond flour
1 teaspoon gluccomann (I used xanthan gum)

Most, or all of these ingredients can be purchased online at Vitacost vitamins. Their usual shipping to Canada is very reasonable.  

Also, for more THM ingredients (if you live in Canada) I recommend checking out this website: http://store.healthyfamilyfoodscanada.com/  I have really enjoyed the "Not Naughty Noodles" I've ordered from them, as well as other great THM products. 

So far I've used the baking blend in one chocolate cake recipe and it turned out pretty good.  I'll try posting reviews on recipes that I make later. :) 


No comments: