About Me

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Indoor Fun: Fizzy Colours

This is another kid friendly project we tried.  :) The children drop coloured vinegar onto a tray of baking soda causing a fizzy coloured reaction. All you need is: a large tray or pan, baking soda, food colouring, vinegar, and eye droppers, and your set for some fun!:)

I'd say the best ages for this is three years old and up. My one, and two year olds just made a mess with it. :) 

I dyed the vinegar green, orange and blue.  Next time, I'll probably let them have more colours. I was thinking they could learn about mixing colours, but this project isn't the greatest for it, as the vinegar didn't mix well after it was in the baking soda. 

The kids had a good time, and I was happy that it kept them occupied for a long while. :) 

5 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

Looks like they enjoyed themselves! :) That reminds me of when we used to play around with cornstarch and water. It's always nice when there's something easy like that to do with ordinary household items.

A Joyful Heart said...

That looks like lots of fun! =) I can imagine that it would keep them occupied. Have you tried making homemade play dough again? I'd love to try making some sometime! =)

A Heart of Praise said...

Hey Amy, No, I've been lazy and have just been buying play dough lately. :) I would like to make it again sometime though!

Anonymous said...

Did you notice the heart shape near the center of the pan? =) Fun!

A Heart of Praise said...

No, I had not noticed that before. :)