About Me

Monday, November 26, 2012

Making Pies

The other day, Lydia, went down for a nap and I decided to do some baking.  I had a basket of apples needing to be used, and seeing it was close to American Thanksgiving, I thought I would make a couple of pies; pumpkin and apple. :)
 
Apple and pumpkin pies, hot out of the oven.
 
Making the pie dough. Don't have a rolling pin? No worries! :) Use the side of a cup; works great!
 
Smooth Pumpkin filling.
 
Pour into shell for pie #1
 
In the process of cutting and pealing the apples.  BTW, if you've never tried using Rada knives you should! Graham bought me a few awhile back and I love them! We also had them when I was growing up.
 
Pouring the carmel type filling over the apples. Delicious.
 
This little darling slept the whole time so I was not only able to finish the pies, but I also got to clean the kitchen and get a good start on supper prep for later.  Love this baby girl! :)

No comments: