About Me

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Lunar Experience

I checked my email last night and found my sister (by the way if you haven't already please go check out her blog:)) had written to tell me there was going to be a lunar eclipse. Despite the fact that it was close to 10 below outside, my dear husband asked me if I would like to stay up and see it. I being interested in such things said yes, and we went out and enjoyed watching it together:).

This is how it looked when we first went out at around 1:30am

The second time we went out at 1:38am
and watched it move completely into the shadow of the earth.

Covered.

Our camera wasn't able to capture them, but I also got to see some Northern Lights last night. Although they were rather faint, it was neat to see:).

"He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down."
Psalm 104:19

6 comments:

Katy said...

How fun that you got to see that! I couldn't keep my eyes open late enough to see it myself...thank you for sharing the pictures! :)

Merry Christmas! I hope you and your loved ones have an absolutely wonderful time together! :)

Stepheny said...

we tried to see it here also... but the clouds were covering it because it was snowing out! :)


Stepheny

Amy said...

I love the new look to your blog, the little bird is so cute! =)

It was a neat thing to see the eclipse, wasn't it?

Southern Sunrise said...

How neat that you were able to capture these pictures! I love your new header, by the way. :)

Ruth Ann said...

how fun! I had a friend that told me about it and she stayed up to photograph it. I have just been too exhausted lately so I couldn't stay up. God's creation is so amazing!

Abigail said...

That is really neat! We wanted to watch it, but it was too cloudy. :( I'm glad I got to see your pictures. :) I'm sure the northern lights were beautiful! That is something I have never seen.