About Me

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thy Word

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works." ~2 Timothy 3:16-17

Thy Word is like a garden Lord
With flowers bright and fair;
And everyone who seeks may pluck
A lovely cluster there.
Thy Word is like a deep deep mine;
And jewels rich and rare
Are hidden in the mighty depths
For every searcher there.

Thy Word is like a starry host,
A thousand rays of light
Are seen to guide the traveler,
And make his pathway bright.
Thy Word is like an armory,
Where soldiers may repair,
And find for life's long battle-day
All needful weapons there.

Oh, may I love Thy precious Word;
May I explore the mine;
May I it's fragrant flowers glean;
May light upon me shine.
Oh, may I find my armor there;
Thy Word my trusty sword,
I'll learn to fight with every foe
The battle of the Lord.

5 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

beautiful!! I love that scripture ~ actually that's what the message at church was on last night. =) ALL Scripture...wow. So assuring.

Elizabeth Pruett said...

That is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Southern Sunrise said...

Thanks for sharing this great hymn! I enjoyed reading over the verses.

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful hymn! I can atest to the fact that the WORD is a deep, deep mine and never ending of riches!

Hannah said...

What a nice poem! Poems are something I always enjoy reading.

Also, Thank you for your comment on my blog!
Just curious: did you find my blog off of Sarah's @ As Lilies Sewing? I saw you had her link on your blog and I just wondered!
Good-night! God Bless!