About Me

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

My Newly Organized Kitchen Cabinets

After posting about ordering some lazy Susan's and a few other things to help organize,
I finally took the time to actually tackle the chaos of the cupboards, and then took a few pictures to share. 

The Spice Cabinet 

Before picture. This cabinet is right above our stove. The top shelf is high enough that it's hard for me to reach everything, and with the lower one it was also hard to reach items that were pushed toward the back. It was a scrambled mess, and it wasn't fun trying to find a certain spice when I was cooking

After picture. It's nice what a difference two lazy Susan's can make! Now I can find the spice or herb I need super easily. Everything that I don't use frequently is on the top shelf


_______________________________________________________________________________
The Baking Cabinet 

This cabinet was a disaster, one of my sisters had tried to help me organize it awhile ago, but it quickly went back to disarray. There was no real place for anything and the measuring cups and spoons were always buried behind something.  Whenever I would try baking, the little ones would also scramble things up more trying to find chocolate chips, walnuts, sprinkles and other things to make a mess with. 


And here we are after! I'm happy about how it turned out. :) Again just a couple lazy Susan's and a under shelf basket made a difference. 


It feels great to get these two cabinets done! It may not seem like much, but it's sometimes hard for me to find time and the motivation to do things like this with all six little children around wanting to "help" getting into everything and needing me crying etc.  Anyway, I'm very happy with both cabinet results, now to tackle the bathroom cupboards. :) 


"Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might.." Ecc. 9:10a


 

2 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

Very nice! Happy for you that you finally got that done! :) I can't imagine what a mess our kitchen cabinets would be without those lazy Susan's; they make things so much easier! I like that under-shelf basket as well, it's always nice when things like that can give you extra space to use that was wasted previously.

Anonymous said...

ahh, that is satisfying and inspiring! we have found that keeping our measuring spoons in a short glass cup works well for us.

in Christ,
Amy in NY.