- While flipping through our hymn book today I came to this song. It had been awhile since I last sang or played it, and it was good to come across it again."For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
- When I survey the wondrous cross
- On which the Prince of glory died,My richest gain I count but loss,And pour contempt on all my pride.
- Forbid it, Lord, that I should boast,Save in the death of Christ my God!All the vain things that charm me most,I sacrifice them to His blood.
- See from His head, His hands, His feet,Sorrow and love flow mingled down!Did e’er such love and sorrow meet,Or thorns compose so rich a crown?
- Were the whole realm of nature mine,That were a present far too small;Love so amazing, so divine,Demands my soul, my life, my all.
Monday, December 26, 2016
A Favorite Hymn: When I Survey the Wonderous Cross
Shared by A Heart of Praise